3 Resilience Tips To Boost Your Energy Levels This Summer
In this article, we are sharing our top 3 resilience tips to replenish and boost your energy levels this summer.
Summertime, and the livin’ is easy… great song, great idea! Go easy on yourself this summer to boost your energy: allow yourself to go into ‘soft-focus’ instead of full-on performance mode.
The work of resilience is to replenish and re-energise, and a key part of building your resilience is boosting your energy levels. Resilience and energy are different but they are directly related, following the same ups and downs. Here are our top 3 tips to replenish your energy this summer:
- Connect with joy
Connecting with joyful, happy feelings can look different for everyone so find what helps you top up your energy levels this summer. Here are some ideas to help you connect with joy and boost your energy:
- Spend time with loved ones.
- Let your hair down – loosen up a little this summer.
- Have fun! Laugh until your tummy hurts and you don’t remember why you were laughing.
- Get moving; be active (or boogie the night away!)
- Get more hugs, they always help.
- Be naughty. Find that inner child!
Rest is one key way to re-energise yourself and build your personal resilience. Whether rest means sleeping or relaxing while awake, make sure to implement the quality rest time you need this summer. Here are 2 ways to get quality rest:
- Get some sleep
- Get some space (switch off, relax!)
3. Indulge Yourself
Indulging yourself is all about me-time – doing the things that make you feel good and that you enjoy. To boost your energy and build resilience this summer, take time to do the things that replenish and recharge you. Here are some energy-boosting ideas to indulge yourself:
- Pick up an old hobby that you haven’t given the time to recently – get the guitar out, get creative, join a sports club.
- Find a new hobby! Learn an instrument or skill that you’ve always wanted to know.
- Read a good book (why not try The Resilience Dynamic book by Jenny Campbell for more research-backed, resilience-boosting ideas!)
Use these 3 resilience tips to replenish and boost your energy levels this summer.
That’s it. Be hot, be cool, be yourself and good luck!
Follow Jenny on LinkedIn for more of her thoughts, resilience research, and ideas.