Resilience Accreditation Programme
The Resilience Accreditation Programme equips experienced professional and internal coaches, and organisational development practitioners, with the theory, ethics and application of the Resilience Dynamic’s framework in the development of resilience and wellbeing.
Shift Your Coaching Practice to the Next Level by Becoming a Resilience Coach
The Resilience Accreditation Programme offers some of the most in-depth and rigorous learning for experienced practitioners within the coaching profession. Based on 15+ years of research with the models of the Resilience Dynamic® and Resilience Engine®, the programme integrates how to achieve coherence between performance and wellbeing.
To succeed, participants need to demonstrate they qualify as a safe pair of hands capable of supporting and challenging clients at all resilience levels, whether they are struggling or thriving. On successful completion, practitioners are licensed to use the Resilience Dynamic method and tools in any way appropriate for their clients.
Who Is This Coaching Course For?
For experienced coaches with a keen interest in resilience and wellbeing, operating already at the Professional Certified Coach (PCC) level and wishing to deepen their practice, OR ready to shift to the PCC level (or equivalent) thereby embracing transformational coaching skills. The Resilience Accreditation Programme offers 60 hours of ICF CCEUs towards these goals.
Early Bird Offer - Book now and get 10% off
Learn More at our Free Open Event
11 Oct 2023, 12:00-13:00 GMT
Join us! Jenny Campbell, Academic Director, and Rebecca Walker, Faculty Member, together with recent graduates. An informal forum to discuss how becoming a Resilience Practitioner can benefit you as a coach/practitioner and your clients.
Bring along any questions you may have about the programme.
We look forward to meeting you!
Why Become an Accredited Resilience Dynamic Practitioner?
Learn effective strategies for different resilience levels
Become comfortable working with any level of resilience, from those not coping through to those that thrive. Understand the implications and the best ways of helping your client to resource themselves. Deepen your ethics, so you too are resourced.
Gain new tools and techniques
New tools and techniques to enable the client to effect a wholly resilient way of working and living. Learn how to apply our research and methods to help clients who are in challenging or uncertain circumstances shift from being stuck, ineffective, lacking in focus or suffering from burnout or stress.
Join an amazing Community of Practice
Join our dynamic Community of Practice whose members connect, learn and support one another in sharing best practices and ideas. Come into our monthly Connect and Learn coffee mornings, continue to learn through our quarterly CPD sessions, and enjoy the extended learning offered at our annual conference. This growing community continues to learn how to foster resilience and wellbeing in all we do.
Unlock Psychological Safety
Whether you are an external or internal coach, this programme will benefit you.
Help build psychological safety, no matter the context of your client. It will unlock your client’s confidence to explore, understand and experiment with the conditions for their own resilience to thrive, while increasing energy and innovating. In addition, programme participants learn to support their own resilience and wellbeing as a critical component of the work.
Benefits of Coaching for an Individual
- Reduce stress, anxiety and burnout
- Builds adaptability for change
- Fosters capacity for new thinking and learning
- Supports and promotes whole person wellbeing
- Restores and improves confidence
- Enhances performance levels
Benefits of Coaching for an Organisation
- Reduces absenteeism and supports wellbeing strategies
- Helps employees implement successful strategies to manage risk, complexity and change
- Provides employees with the space to reflect, learn, innovate and increase agility
- Supports employees practically in minimising the resilience drain and maximising their wellbeing
- Provides better/faster decision making; increases risk management capability
- Releases and extends capacity for quality thinking and action
- Employees align more clearly to organisation’s purpose Increases engagement.
Only one or two internal practitioners?
Got a coach bank or L&D team?
*Hover over images to discover answers
Bring It In-House
The Resilience Accreditation Programme can be delivered to an internal cohort of coaches/OD practitioners within your organisation. We tailor the timeline to suit you, and include consultancy around implementation and policy making.
Creating an in-house bank of Resilience Dynamic practitioners means that you build a sustainable support for workforce resilience and wellbeing. Once accredited, in-house practitioners apply the research and tools in various ways, from virtual wellbeing sessions, management and leadership programmes, right through to policy development.
With the ongoing support of our Community of Practice, the programme can help to shift your organisation’s performance and wellbeing without compromise.
In-house programmes require a minimum of 8 participants and maximum of 15.
We’re Proud to Have Worked With…
The Learning Journey
The Resilience Accreditation Programme is an 8 month programme with emphasis on application, with active groupwork, practice client work, debates on ethics and of course deep reflection and learning.
With five learning modules near the start of the programme, covering theory and tools, the programme then switches to groupwork, Group and Individual Supervision and plenty of Q&A with Faculty via live and online sessions.
Module 1 - What is Resilience?
By the end of the module you will have:
- Explored what resilience is and what it is not
- an understanding of resilience in different contexts – individual, family, client, and organisation
- Examined your own resilience levels using the Resilience River© and Resilience Dynamic®
- Looked at stress, control and change on the Resilience Dynamic®
- Considered the importance of ethics in resilience coaching
Module 2 - Explore Resilience
Explores the relationship between resilience, stress and wellbeing, and looks in detail at the top barriers and enablers for resilience.
By the end of the module you will have:
- Examined stress and your own awareness
- Studied the top three barriers and implications on capacity
- Explored the top resilience enablers of Being and Energy
- Be ready to start client work
Module 3 - Accreditation Basics
Looks at the programme’s main elements, key client practice requirements, the accreditation criteria and self-assessment against the criteria.
By the end of the module you will:
- Understand the criteria for successfully completing the programme
- Set a plan for your own resilience development against an initial self-assessment exercise
- Become more confident on what you can already draw on for resilience coaching
Post Module 3 Follow-Up
Participants will be required to watch a resilience ethics video to evoke deeper awareness around ethical issues and dilemmas and capture their key learnings from the first workshop. Participants are required to study ethical framework case studies in small groups.
Module 4 - How to Build Resilience
Builds awareness of your own resilience levels and how to use the Resilience Engine® model in-depth to recognise own and client resilience levels.
By the end of the module you will have:
- Gained understanding of the foundations for resilience in self and clients
- Experienced the Resilience Engine® research model and its component parts in coaching practise
- Worked with a more extended evidence-based set of barriers to resilience
- Have used the Resilience Engine® tools and Resilience Dynamic® together to connect into the client’s resilience levels, and where the resilience coaching work is
Module 5 - Resilience Tools
Focuses on resilience coaching tools, to support enabling more complex aspects of resilience: Learning and Purpose.
By the end of the module you will have:
- Looked in depth at Being Present in the moment for self and for the client
- Been introduced to the Energy Battery© tool
- Gained an understanding of how to apply Learning and Purpose work as key enablers of resilience and wellbeing
- Integrated learning including dominant start points, ethics and client safety
The programme also includes:
- 1:1 and Group supervision
- Individual and Team Client work
- Faculty Q&A session
- Case Study sharing and discussion
- Slack membership for connecting and sharing ideas
The 2024 Programme Dates
The Resilience Accreditation Programme Faculty
“The Programme has been a real eye opener for me. No one has integrated the most recent findings about resilience so masterfully as the Resilience Dynamic has done. The result is a holistic approach based on solid research. The Resilience Dynamic offers plenty of tools that resonate with clients. The programme has challenged me to take my own resilience seriously. I recommend the programme to coaches who wish to support their clients to have a more balanced and productive life.”
“Resilience is becoming an increasingly important topic in today’s world. I really appreciate how the content is based on years of academic research, as that gives it more credibility. I also feel that the materials – particularly the Resilience River© video and Resilience Dynamic® model – make it easier to transition into using the learnings in a setting with a client or group of clients. For Executive Coaches with an interest in adding some form of resilience/preventing burnout string to their bow I think this is an excellent course.”
“This course was one of the best courses I have done. It allowed me not only to explore and learn about resilience in my own coaching practice and how I could use this knowledge with my coachees, but also how my resilience is as a coach. To be self-aware, stay curious and be present.”
Resilience Accreditation Programme FAQs
Who is the Resilience Accreditation Programme for?
- Have experience supporting change at a transformational level
- Are holistic in their approach to clients, taking into account both work-related and person-related resilience and wellbeing levels
- Are ready to learn how to help their clients hold themselves to account in the complex field of resilience and wellbeing
- Are ready to embrace a rigourous coaching approach that accounts for client capacity versus the demand the client perceives in their work and personal life
- Either already with PCC (or equivalent) or
- Ready to shift to a PCC level (or equivalent) in order to facilitate clients in transformational change
- Newly qualified coaches at ACC level who do not yet have 3 years of experience coaching
- Internal facilitators who do not have a minimum of 3 years of experience of working with systemic or complex issues such as leadership, wellbeing, mental health and/or worklife balance and workload planning
I want to build an internal resilience capability. Can I do this in-house, or do I need to send my people on the open programme?
We are able to offer up to 6 in-house programmes per year, on top of our annual open programme. Inhouse programmes require a minimum of 8 participants and a maximum of 15. The key advantages include a schedule to suit you, plus time to shape your internal resilience policies with the Resilience Dynamic faculty team.
How long does the programme take to complete?
This is a 6-8 month programme with the total time of 80 hours, of which 60 hours is ICF accredited.
Key components include prework, 5 x 1/2 day virtual modules, small groupwork exercises, ongoing one-to-one and group/team client coaching work, slack channel conversations, one-to-one and group supervision; a written submission. On successful submission, you are granted a license to practice and join our vibrant Community of Practice.
What are the programme dates?
Key dates are as follows:
- Module 1 – 6th Feb – 09.30 – 13.00 GMT
- Module 2 – 20th Feb – 09.30 – 13.00 GMT
- Module 3 – 27th Feb – 09.30 – 11.00 GMT
- Slack Q&A – 12th Mar – 09.30 – 10.30 GMT
- Module 4 – 19th Mar – 09.30 – 13.00 GMT
- Module 5 – 26th Mar – 09.30 – 13.00 GMT
- Guest Faculty session – 16th Apr – 09.30 – 11.00 BST
- Group supervision 1 – 23rd Apr – 09.30 – 11.00 BST
- Group supervision 2 – 14th May – 09.30 – 11.00 BST
- Group supervision 3 – 18th June – 09.30 – 11.00 BST
- There are 2 submission deadlines: End of June or end of August.
How much does the programme cost?
The fee for our 2024 open programme is £2,950 + VAT, which must be paid before the programme commences. Please contact us if you wish to discuss payment plans.
What is included in the programme fee?
The programme fee includes all study materials, modules, supervision, assessment and support throughout the programme. Once accredited, it grants you the license to use Resilience Dynamic materials for 3 years. Whilst the formal re-accreditation process is every 3 years, you can invest in CPD flexibly to build the average of 6 hours per year. We offer 4 virtual CPD sessions per year that are recorded, plus an annual conference. The cost for re-accreditation is essentially the cost of this CPD. Additional charge may be incurred if you evidence non-Resilience Dynamic CPD which needs to be checked against our criteria.
What should I expect from this programme?
This is an active, deep programme that will challenge your assumptions about what resilience is, and how to build it for yourself and enable this in your cilents. You will also foster deep connections with your fellow participants, debating and tussling together with the ideas and impact. Expect many aha’s about your own personal resilience, and that of your clients – examples range from why clients get stuck, why coaching can feel so difficult, insights into power imbalances within the work, right through to the power of sleep! All within an inclusive, lively and of course supportive environment.
Is this programme face-to-face or virtual?
The programme is delivered virtually, with all sessions taking place over Zoom.
How many spaces are there?
This programme is limited to 16 participants to ensure a high-quality learning experience and that you receive personal and individual feedback from faculty.
Is there any pre-course work?
Yes, there is some pre-course work involved. Participants will be required to read the course’s Overview of Resilience paper, Licensing FAQs, complete the Energy Tracker Tool and watch two short videos (10 min) and one longer video recording (90min) before commencing Module 1.